flowers

o

Monday, September 1, 2014

For Those Who Have Nothing



Hola Familia!
Well this week I had a way cool experience that I want to share with you. For some time now we have been visiting two single mothers named Rodith and Daylith. They both have many small children and their husbands have been sentenced to jail for 15 years. They live in a little village called Satelite that is a thirty minute hike up some really steep stairs and through a cemetery.  Last week we decided to stop working in that area and work in some different parts because we weren’t having any success. We thought they would think anything of it. This week however I had the impression that we should make the thirty minute hike to go and visit these two women. The idea didn’t make any sense because we didn’t have any appointments up there but we went any way. It was an extremely hot day and as we were climbing up the stairs I was thinking to myself if it was really worth it, but we still kept going.  When we got to the first woman´s house she opened the door and seriously was over-joyed! She was like, “Hermanas where have you been!! We have been so worried about you. We thought you had abandoned us!” I was so over-whelmed by her response. We taught them both a really good lesson about the Plan of Salvation and after the lesson they both looked at us and said, “Thank you for coming to visit us. Please always come to our house.” One of the women came to church yesterday. We also are visiting a little old grandma named Hilda Flor that is a member but can now not come to church because of her health. She is 94- years-old. We stop by every week to go and visit her and every time when she says the closing prayer she says, “Thank you for sending my sister missionaries to me. They bring my joy and happiness and they bring me your blessings. Thank you that they have not forgotten about me.” So do you want to know what lesson I learned this week? For people who have absolutely nothing, the light of Christ means everything. One visit from us means more than anything in the world to them and it literally brings them joy. Talk about humble right? Maybe we are not having a million baptisms but I am certain that we are doing exactly what the Savior would do if he was here in our place because he loves them more than we can imagine. That is what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to be a missionary. I love you all so much. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Allphin



My hair is now super curly. Dont know how that happened....... havent touched a curling iron in a year!

This is hermana Hilda Flor. I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment