flowers

o

Monday, December 1, 2014

Miracle Baptism :)

Hola Familia!
Okay this week was so cool. I am so excited to tell you about the experience we had this week.  So as of last Sunday night we knew that due to some reasons, we were not going to be able to baptize anyone in the month of November…. However the Lord had a different plan. Monday night we went to the house of our recent converts and Francis´s brother was there.  His brother´s  name is Alfredo and we actually met him at the beginning of October. When we first met him he said he wasnt really interested in getting baptized but we invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and he said he would. A couple days later he traveled up the river to work and we thought we would never see him again. He showed up again and was living with our converts at the beginning of November and started coming to church but he told us that he was going to travel again and so we didnt teach him or anything. Hahaha Monday night when we went to visit the family he was there and said, “ Hermanas, I have read to page 312 in the Book of Mormon and prayed, I want to get baptized.” We were literally shocked into silence. He continued to tell us that he was going to travel again for a couple of weeks this Monday and wanted to get baptized before he left.  Haha he told us, “ Hermanas, I want to get baptized on Saturday,  can I?” We made all of the arrangements and taught him what he needed to know and set up his interviews and everything else and he got baptized Saturday night J It was seriously the craziest miracle ever!! In his testimony after he got baptized he said, “I feel so happy and relieved to have gotten baptized and I just want to thank the Sisters for helping come to know the Book of Mormon.” It just warmed my heart so much to hear that. I hope that he finishes while he is traveling. The best part is that when they get back from the river his 17-year-old son Paolo, who was going to get baptized in October, wants to get baptized J  Yay, they will both be members. There were many things to give thanks for this week. I love you all and I am so grateful for all of your prayers. Transfers are today and it will be interesting to see what happens… I really hope I stay here. If I do stay, we are flying to Iquitos this week for leadership conference J Well,  I love you all, have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Allphin

Miracle Baptism :)

Alfredo and Elder Milne

coming out of the water :) 

Saying goodbye to some of the Elders going home

No comments:

Post a Comment