flowers

o

Monday, December 15, 2014

Enrique´s Baptism



Hola Familia


Well just another crazy week of missionary week. We had some very bitter sweet moments this week. I guess I will start with the bitter. The Dávila Family, the family that we have been working with for the last 3 and a half months didn’t get baptized this Saturday. We went to visit them on Tuesday night and they were super good. They are reading their Book of Mormon and saying their prayers every night and they told us that they were super excited for their baptism on Saturday. However, Thursday they didn’t show up for their final interview. They were not in their house and they would answer their phone. We went by that night to talk to them and we only found Xiomara. We walked into to talk to her and ask her about her interview and she proceeded to tell us that she found out that Oliver had cheated on her. I couldn’t contain the tears. I am not one to cry but after months of such hard work, months of praying and fasting for this family, months of teaching them and helping them….. just for it to end like that. It was hard. They didn’t come to church yesterday and we haven’t been able to talk to Oliver. Their baptismal date fell two days before their baptism. Talk about heartbreaking! I guess that Lord has a plan for everything right? We did have a baptism of a little 9-year-old boy named Enrique. We have been teaching him for the last couple of months as well and his baptism was so awesome. After he was baptized he bore his testimony and it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard. He said, “Before the Sisters came to my house I didn’t know anything about God. Now they have taught me about the Restoration, the Plan of Salvation and the Word of Wisdom. Now I know that God has a plan for all of us and he has a plan for me and my family. He gives us trials so that we can be better and I am grateful that I am now a member of the true church of Jesus Christ.” What a testimony from a nine year old right? His aunt is a very active member and she is happy that she is now not the only member in her family. I was a very sweet experience. We had our Christmas Devotional this week for Zone Conference and it was very spiritual. We talked about how here on the mission we have the best Christmas ever because we are here serving the Lord. It doesn’t matter that it is over 100 degrees every day or that I am always covered in dust…… we are all in the service of the Lord and that is what allows us to be away from our loved ones for so long. I cant wait for Christmas to come! Shay, congratulations on your call! I love you sooo much and I know that the Lord has a great work for you to do. You will be amazing in Canada J I hope you all have a wonderful week, talk to you soon!
Love,
Hermana Allphin

Christmas Devotional


                    Getting ready for Christmas :)



Enrique´s Baptism


Looking over the river


No comments:

Post a Comment