flowers

o

Monday, November 10, 2014

The Lord is Always Right


Hola Familia!
Bueno, this week was a little bit hard I am not going to lie. We seemed to be faced with every problem in the book.We did get to travel up to a little village about and hour away called Campo Verde. We went as a zone to support the Elders up there and it was so successful and fun. My zone really is my family and Campo Verde is absolutely stunning. Pure, untouched jungle. We have been working soooo hard with this family that is going to get married this week. We are having problems with their papers and with some other details and it has been really frustrating but hopefully the Lord and the Zone Leaders can pull a miracle out and they might be able to get married on Saturday. The hardest part was that yesterday, they came to church late and so their attendance didnt count. Without that attendance they cannot get baptized. We put our whole hearts and faith into this family and then to just watch them fall so hard like that really broke our hearts. It hurt, it really hurt. The worst was that we had prayed about this family a couple weeks ago and had asked the Lord if they should get married and baptized this month and we got an answer, the sad thing is that we didnt listen to the answer the Lord gave us and we moved on anyway with the plans and we are now suffering the consequences of not listening to the Lord. I guess I can empathize a little bit more with Joseph Smith when he didnt listen to the answer that he got from the lord. It is hard, but I know that the Lord is forgiving and he will lead us to someone else. I guess it was just hard for me to understand why the Lord would not want this family to get baptized but really I just need to remember that the Lord´s ways are not my ways and his timing is different than mine. I know everything will be fine, Satan wins sometimes and everyone has their agency but the work of the Lord will go on no matter what. That is the great hope of missionary work. I love you all, have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Allphin

Beautiful :)

Beautiful Jungle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment