flowers

o

Monday, November 3, 2014

Oliver and Xiomara--- Leadership Conference

Hola Familia!!
Well this week was pretty crazy but very fun. Last Tuesday we went to visit the family of Oliver and Xiomara. We have been working with this family for the last two months and have had so many obstacles with them but have endured. We decided as a companionship that if they did not accept a marriage and baptism date that night then we were going to have to leave them for a little while because we could lose anymore time. We went to visit them and asked about their prayers and everything and Oliver looked at us and said, “ I have read the chapter you left me in the Book of Mormon, and I know that things are hard right now for us but more than anything, the Lord wants us to live the commandments. We are going to get married on the 15th.” Me and my companion almost died of happiness. Now we have been planning their wedding this whole week and of course we are having sooooo many problems with their marriage papers but we will have faith that the Lord will work everything out. This family really is so poor. They live in a one roomed little box and have hardly any food. They were not going to get married because they did not see a way that they could work it out financially and it was such a beautiful experience to see them put their trust in God and move forward, despite the problems. They will be getting baptized on the 29th of November and we are so excited to help them this month. We also flew to Iquitos this week for Leadership Conference and it was so fun! I loved being with all of my friends that I have literally served my whole mission with. These Elders and Sisters have changed my life. We had a really inspiring conference and we flew back on Halloween. We were in the airport forever because the flight got delayed but we had a good time talking with the other leaders serving here in Pucallpa. Pucallpa is the farthest city away from Iquitos so it was kind of a long flight. Peruvian flights are really scary because we fly over pure jungle. I have never felt more turbulance in my whole life. The plane really just shakes and bounces the whole flight and then you look out the window and just see the Amazon river! I never want to crash in the middle of the jungle!! I hope that never happens. Well family I hope you have a great week and have fun counting your blessings. If you would like to lend a prayer our way that this wedding and baptism goes through, it would be much appreciated. We are working really hard. Love you all!
Love,
Hermana Allphin


Leadership Conference :)

No comments:

Post a Comment