flowers

o

Monday, January 5, 2015

Leadership Conference


Hola Familia!

Bueno, this week was crazy as always but we recieved many blessings. My companion was in the hospital due to Dengue on Monday and Tuesday and we were finally able to leave but then on Wednesday we flew to Iquitos for leadership conference and we didnt get back to Pucallpa until Friday afternoon. Leadership counsel was soooo good though. We really were so spiritually edified as leaders and we were ready to get back to our zones and work hard. We really were able to understand that as leaders, we are examples to the rest and if we arent doing our best we cant help others progress either. I really am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that he has given me the opportunity to be a Sister Trainer Leader these last five months. Me and my companion have ten sisters under us here in Pucallpa and as leaders we get the chance to work with them and visit them every week. We talk to their district and zone leaders frequently to see how they are doing and how we can help them. We go with them to the clinic when they are sick or have problems....... I have been in the doctors office way to many times in the last couple of months. Oh well, I guess that is what happens when you put a bunch of young girls in the jungle..... they get sick :) We do work visits and obedience checks and I really just love it. I have been able to get to know the whole city of Pucallpa instead of just my own area. I really love the companionships of sisters here that the Lord has called me to serve, I have been able to learn a lot of charity and my life has been blessed. At first I really didnt know why the Lord had called me to be a leader, but I am starting to understand it was because He wanted to give me this extra opportunity of service here on my mission, and I really cherish it more than anything. I hope to finish out my mission as a Sister Leader but I guess we will see. This Sunday Pilar was able to get confirmed and we were really happy about that. I really love her! Also it was fast Sunday and me and my companion were specifically fasting that we would have enough investigators in church to be able to complete out baptismal and rescue goals for this month. My some miracle and a lot of mercy from the Lord, we had exactly enough less-actives and investigators come to church to be able to complete our goal. Now we just have to help them all accept baptismal dates. The Lord works on our side, he really does. I hope you all had a wonderful new year..... I was in Iquitos sleeping on the floor being eaten by mosquitos.....gotta love the mission :) I love you all!

Love, 
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment