flowers

o

Monday, January 12, 2015

Crazy Dreams!


Hola Familia!

Wow this has been one of the best weeks in my whole mission. We have worked so hard and our key indicators were awesome! We had almost 30 lessons!!! We were very excited about that :) So we had a little miracle this week. Last week we found a man named Alfredo who had been meeting with the missionaries about a year ago but had not had any contact with since. We started teaching him last week and he came to church. We went back this week on Tuesday and we had a really funny lesson with him. Fun fact about the Peruvians: They are visionary people. Everyone here has crazy dreams and they think that they are answers to their prayers. We asked Alfredo if he had prayed and he said yes. We asked him if he had recieved and answer and he said that he had, because God had told him in a dream. He proceeded to tell us his dream and it was probably one of the funniest things I have ever heard. He said that in his dream he was with my companion Hermana Linford and they were walking down a road. Then Hna Linford pulled out a big metal wheel that they use on the Motokars here. She proceeded to open the wheel (somehow there was a zipper on the wheel) and inside the wheel was the Batman insignia... the big black Bat sign. She proceeded to tell him that God had locked that in the wheel so that the bad couldnt come out. After that he stopped and looked at us and said, " That was my answer from God that the Book of Mormon is true." I had no words. I asked him what he thought his dream meant and he said that it means God has all of the bad locked up in one place and he wont let it out. I know it really doesnt make sense but it was so hilarious. He accepted a baptismal date for the 24th of January. When we went backon Thursday he told us that he couldnt get baptized anymore because he had already been baptized in an Evangelical church and he couldnt get baptized again. We explained the restoration again and the Book of Mormon but he was still adamant that he was not going to get baptized again. I then felt prompted to ask him about the Holy Ghost. I asked him if he had recieved the Holy Ghost in his prior baptism by the laying on of hands and he said no. My companion then shared the story in Acts 8 about how the apostles had to go to Samaria and baptize a bunch of people again so that they could give them the Holy Ghost. He stayed silent for a moment and then said, " Well it looks like I am getting baptized on the 24th then because I want to recieve the Holy Ghost." He told us he would keep praying to strengthen his testimony about the Book of Mormon but he came to church yesterday and he is still preparing for his baptism in two weeks. We are very excited. We have a couple other people with baptism dates which makes me a little sad because transfers are today and I am probably going to get transfered and miss their baptisms. Oh well, como Dios quiere. This week was full of miracles and have loved every minute that I have had to serve here in Ucayali. I love you all, have a wonderful week :)

Love,
Hermana Allphin

Last district meeting!




No comments:

Post a Comment