flowers

o

Monday, June 23, 2014

Training....take two!


Hola Familia!
Wow this week was so packed full of things I don’t even know where to start. First of all we had transfers on Monday and much to our surprise, Hermana Lozano got transferred to Iquitos!! I was a little bit sad because we got along really well and we only had one transfer together but oh well. The next surprise came when they told me that I would be training……again! I now have two daughters in the mission J My newbie companion is from Ecuador and she is super cute! Her name is Hermana Tirado and we get along really well. We had the baptism of Hermana Martha on Saturday and it was such a good experienceJ She bore her testimony at the end and she told us that she felt that a huge weight had been lifted off of her shoulders and that she could feel peace and she knew that God loved her. What incredible words to hear as a missionary! It was a really good experience to say the least. Another cool thing that we saw this week was that a couple of days ago we contacted a lady in the street and invited her to church and then never saw her again but by some miracle she came to church yesterday! She has six kids under the age of 12 and her husband is in jail for drug use and they don’t have hardly any food or a decent house. It was such a miracle because she walked with her newborn baby and little kids all the way to the church and when she got there she met lots of wonderful members who stepped up to help her. They have brought food and clothes for her kids and she now has lots of new friends. We are hoping that she will be able to get baptized with her two oldest kids this month of July. The lord really works in mysterious ways! I hope that I can be a good example for my companion and that she will learn a lot. It is a lot of responsibility to train but I know that the Lord will help me through it. I love you all so much! Have a great week J
Love,
Hermana Allphin

Our baptism on Saturday. I love this family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment