flowers

o

Monday, June 9, 2014

The Rainbow


Hola familia!
Well this week was pretty normal what can I say? Haha but I do have a pretty funny story to tell you this week. So we were sitting in a lesson with one of our investigators and she was telling us that her little boy had been really sick. She told us that his whole body had swollen up and that she had had to take him to the “doctor.” We asked her what he was sick with and she said, “It was the rainbow.” Me and my companion looked at her for a second and then my companion asked her what that meant. She said, “If a rainbow falls on you, your skin gets really red and the chemicals of the rainbow make your whole body swell up, that is what happened to my little boy.” I have never had to try so hard not to laugh. Apparently a rainbow fell on her son and he got really sick and his whole body was swollen….definitely the first time I have heard of that. When you get out here in the virgin jungle the stories you hear are pretty funny. We worked really hard this week and we are hoping to have some good progress with some of the investigators that we have found. Today we are hiking to the waterfalls of Ahuashiyacu…. I should have some good photos for you next week. These waterfalls are really cool J Make sure no rainbows fall on you! I love you all, talk to you next week !
Love,
Hermana Allphin


Tarapoto :) I really love the mountains here.
Karate kid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment