flowers

o

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Our Two Investigators Named Miracle!

Hola Familia!
Wow this week was a little bit crazy I´m not going to lie! But I have
two really cool stories to tell you. So we have two investigators and
they are both named Milagros which means Miracles in Spanish…. And it
is kind of ironic because they both have been miracles for us. So our
first Milagros got baptized on Saturday and she is absolutely amazing.
She is the easiest investigator that I have ever had. She is 20 and
she has the cutest little baby named Tiago. Her two little sisters
have been coming to church with her the last two weeks and their names
are Ana and Luisa and they always sit in our lessons with her. We went
to their house on Tuesday night and their mom was there and she was
like “Hermanas! Ana and Luisa want to get baptized this Saturday as
well! Can they?” Usually we have big problems with parents with kids
who want to get baptized but the mom signed their permission slips and
the dad didn’t have a problem with it and so we ended up having 3
baptisms yesterday instead of just one! Really it was so special and
now we are teaching their parents and we hope they are going to get
baptized in February so that the whole family can be members!
Okay so we also had another really cool experience with our other
investigator named Milagros. Her entire family is less-active and she
is the only one who is not baptized and she is 15. We have been
working with her for a couple weeks and she always says, “No I don´t
want to get baptized because I´m scared and I don´t want to make the
commitment and I don´t even know if it is true.” We finally convinced
her to have a pre-baptismal interview with our district leader and
when she went into the interview I told him that she hadn’t accepted a
baptismal date yet. 15 minutes later when she came out of her
interview she told me that she wanted to get baptized on Saturday! I
wasn’t really sure what happened but I was really grateful. That night
my district leader called me and told me the story. He asked her if
she knew Joseph Smith was a true prophet and she said yes. He then
asked her if she believed that Thomas S. Monson was our prophet today
and she said that she didn’t know who that was because we hadn’t
taught that to her yet. He then pulled out a picture of Thomas S.
Monson and she started to shake. She was like “I have never felt this
way in my life. I don´t know how to describe it but I know he is a
prophet of God. I feel like I am looking at Jesus Christ!” I was so
blown away when I heard that. The next day we went and visited her and
she told me that she was excited for her baptism and that she didn’t
have doubts anymore. I asked her if she had read her Book of Mormon
and prayed about it and she paused for a second and then said, “Yes I
have read a little bit of the book and prayed…. And I know that it is
true. I can feel something when I read it and I don´t know how to
explain it but I know it is true and I know the church is true as
well.” Honestly it was such a miracle. We have seen the hand of the
Lord so much this week as we have been working and I am excited for
her baptism on Saturday and I can´t wait to find more people this
week. Missionary work is the best! It definitely is extremely hard
sometimes but completely and totally worth it. There is nowhere else
in the world that I would rather be than here in Iquitos. Thank you
for all of your prayers and your support, I really appreciate it. I
will talk to you all next week! Love you!
Hermana Allphin


P-day in my area

No comments:

Post a Comment