flowers

o

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Another week in the Selva!


Wow this week was super interesting. I was a little bit sick in the beginning of the week but I am much better now. It is really really hot here in Iquitos and I really have the funniest tan lines ever from the sun J I don’t feel like I have anything spectacular to tell you about this week but we did have a baptism on Saturday that was way cool! This little girl´s name is Julesi and her older brother got baptized about a month ago. Her parents were really hesitant to let her get baptized because she is only 11 but they finally agreed to let her get baptized and it was such a special experience for everyone. Her parents are not members yet and when I was talking to her dad after the baptism he told me that he wanted to get baptized and we were super excited! The problem is that he left for Bolivia today for his work and he is going to be gone for 2 months…. Hopefully I am still here when he gets back to we can keep teaching their family. The Christmas devotional from the first presidency was so good last night! They let all of the North American missionaries watch the devotional in English in a different room so that was so nice. Christmas is a lot different here and it was so good to listen to Christmas music and to the talks. I am so excited to talk to you all in a couple weeks and here about all of your Christmas plans! Well that is really all I have to tell you this week, talk to you all soon! Love you!
Love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment