flowers

o

Monday, February 16, 2015

Well, This is It!


Hola Familia!

Well this has been a pretty normal week. Yesterday was Carnaval.... remember how last year I told you that the people decorate huge trees filled with buckets and put them up in the streets and dance around like devils? Ya that was this week. Part of this holiday is that people come out of their houses and attack people with water balloons..... Haha I have been attacked by so many water balloons this week that it is not even funny. Yesterday was the celebration and president didnt let us leave to proselyte because everyone was completely drunk outside and it was super dangerous. But it is okay, it gave me some time to pack my suitcases :) My companion has been having some knee problems and so she hasnt been able to work this week. I have been out working with members for a few days which isnt super fun but the work must go on right? Yesterday in church we had 7 Less-Active members come!! Yay! I love reactivating people :)It is so wonderful to see them accept the gospel once again in their lives. It never ceases to surprise me how merciful Heavenly Father is. His arm really is always reached out to each of us. I am so grateful that I have had this opportunity to serve as a missionary for these last 18 months. The time has gone by fast and I have learned so many things. I have seen so many lives change, including mine! The Lord is hastening his work and he needs laborers in his vineyard. Our purpose here in this earth is so much more important than we think it is sometimes. I am going to miss walking out and seeing the beautiful jungle every morning, the cold showers, boiled bananas and the beautiful accent of the people here. I dont know how it is going to be not being able to speak spanish everyday but I guess I will have to learn. I know that this Church is true, the Book of Mormon changes lives and I know that our Heavenly Father loves us. I hope that I can always be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to help many others find and accept the Gospel.

Sé sin ninguna duda que esta es la iglesia de Jesucristo y estoy tan agradecida a mi Padre Celestial por haberme dado esta oportunidad de servir a sus hijos por estos 18 meses. Yo sé que si nosotros vivimos el Evangelio con exactitud, vamos a poder encontrar la felicidad en esta vida, a pesar de que siempre tendremos problemas. La expiación de Jesucristo es real y si lo aceptamos podemos acercarnos más a nuestro Padre Celestial. Amo a mi Salvador y amo este obra, ojalá que yo siempre sea una misionera, ayudando a otros a aceptar el Evangelio. 
¡Les quiero mucho!! Nos vemos pronto :)

Con Amor,
Hermana Allphin

the "Umisha" 

No comments:

Post a Comment