flowers

o

Monday, October 13, 2014

Conference:)


Hola Familia!
Well this week was pretty awesome just because of the fact that we got to watch General Conference!! Let me just say that this conference was seriously sooooo inspiring! I was uplifted by every single talk. I cannot wait to get the Liahona so that I can read them all again.  I especially loved Jeffrey R. Holland´s talk about poverty. It really touched my heart. Everything he said is so completely true. You cant understand poverty until you have lived in it. I cant say that I have ever been impoverished but I see the poverty every single day, everywhere I go. There is no escaping it, it absolutely consumes this land. It is a very sad thing to see let me tell you. People live in little river towns in little shack houses. They barely have enough money to buy their rice everyday. The families are destroyed and there are many single mothers with many small children. The children are let free to roam around the dirty streets withougt shoes or a shirt, absolutely covered in dirt. There are many families who have lost children due to disease simply because there are not resoureces here to take care of them. To be honest, I am completely used to seeing these things every day because I have been here for over a year but that talk really made me open my eyes again and see how blessed I really have been in my life. When he spoke of how much the Savior loves the poor and needy it really reiterated in my head how much I need to love them. I am serving some of the poorest of the poor and I know that Jesus would seek them out first because he really does love them. I need to remember that better. We had 6 of our investigators come to conference yesterday and we were really excited! Two of them are getting baptized on the 25th of October and we are working with the other 4 for November. We are being really blessed in our area and I know that the Lord is hastening his work. Are we hastening ourselves to keep up with it? If we are not, we need to. The Lord needs everyone he has got. Family, I challenge you to help the missionaries! We need all of the help that we can get. I love you all sooo much. I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love ,
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment